In this second event of the FREE 2023 Community Foundation Performing Arts Series, South Bend Civic Theatre presents a preview of "A Midsummer Night’s Dream," which opens in August, with music from the Fischoff National Chamber Music Association and guests from the Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival and the Robinson Shakespeare Company with additional Shakespeare-themed content.
Other events include:
- Jul. 22: Art 4 presents an evening of musical theater favorites, featuring a preview of its upcoming production of Spring Awakening, which opens the following weekend.
- Aug. 5: Southold Dance Theater showcases its best students along with two professional guest artists, featuring classical ballet as well as modern dance.
- Aug. 12: Lifting Our Voices, Celebrating Our African American Legacy, a performance featuring Uzima! Drum and Dance performing traditional African dance with the voices of the Uzima! Choir and the South Bend Symphonic Choir. WUBS-FM 89.7 will offer a simulcast of the performance.
- Aug. 19: The South Bend Symphony Orchestra performs a full-length concert featuring a special animal-themed program. WVPE-FM 88.1 will offer a simulcast of the performance, including a special Q&A with Music Director Alastair Willis.
- Aug. 26: The South Bend Symphonic Choir and the Elkhart Community Chorus combine under the musical direction of Juan Carlos Alarcon and Dr. Marvin Curtis to perform “United in Purpose,” a musical celebration of the 60th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech.
Originally published at shakespeare.nd.edu.